Tuesday, November 23, 2010

FIRST ATTEMPTS AT WINE MAKING

I reckon it's time to introduce ya'll to some good ole' homemade wine that I made a while back, or at least what's left of it. So after doing some research on wine making I decided to make my first batch out of some cherries that my wife had in the fridge that weren't being eaten. It took a while to get all the seeds out and I made a complete mess, but the end result was very satisfying. After the 30 day ferment process I got a wonderful small amount of dark red wine. After my first successful attempt I got jumpy and bought a few peaches and filled almost a gallon of juice up. After the 30 day wait I got what you see in the picture below.



After some failed attempts of about 5 gallons of peach wine, I attempted a gallon of blue berry wine. I was very happy with the result. It came out nice and dark. I let my dad drink some when he came to visit. His review on it was that it was sweet and just a little thick. He like to pour it over ice and kept going back for more.








Soon I might tell you a few ways to make some wine or some interesting recipes that I've tried out. Like right now I'm trying a way to make wine on a whim and if it works as well as I think it will I'm going to have a good laugh and tell you guys all about it.-----------BOOTLEGGER OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment